Monday, July 19, 2010

The Hills Are Alive


We had a fabulous time with Camden and Sarah at the Ellen Eccles Theatre last week. 
We went to see Sound of Music.  The kids loved the experience! 


When I was a child, I didn't enjoy it when Mother Superior sang "Climb Every Mountain" in her operatic voice, but now that I am older the song really touches me.  It was performed beautifully in the play and I felt a rush of emotion as she sang these words:

A dream that will need
All the love you can give
Every day of your life
For as long as you live


Even reading those words now makes me tear up.  I am working hard to teach my children to find their mission in life and to set up an environment that will be conducive to finding that mission.  Why were each one of them, individually, sent here to the earth at this time with their unique traits and talents?  I don't know the answer yet, but I do know that in helping them find their way I have found my mission. 


It does take all the love I can give.  More love than I knew I had.  My life feels so full and blessed.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Beautiful Words! Thanks!