Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Crystals and Gems anyone?

Camden is quite the entrepreneur (his Grandpa Winn will be so proud). He had a sign-up taped on his door for literally months that said, "Cam's Crystal and Gem Class $10 a month. You will learn about the rare, the natural, the valuable and the beautiful." Good advertising! But none of his siblings signed up. (Maybe because only one can write her name yet and she is flat broke.)

Well, a few weeks ago we had homeschool playgroup at our house. Cam, wisely, lowered his price to $1 and all his friends signed up! He teaches some of his friends on Monday and some on Friday.
If you know Camden well, you can guess that he did this all on his own. He has spent absolutely hours preparing for this. His classes consists of a worksheet, lecture and activity. He has all the lessons completely planned out with the worksheets and visuals. I can take no credit for anything he does. I didn't help him at all. He is quite an amazing and independent soul!
Camden's first class was on quartz and his second was on fossils. I took pictures of his Monday students for you to enjoy. In the picture above, he is helping his pupil (friend), Chris, with his worksheet. Way to go Professor Winn!



The activity: making homemade fossils.


His friend, Savannah, making her fossil.










5 comments:

Christine said...

This is SO Cam!! I love it!!

Kate said...

I love this!! Cam does a GREAT job - Bethany looks forward to his classes every week. Way to go, CAM!!

Melanie said...

Thats so cool Shi!!
Way to go Cam!!!

Grandpa Winn said...

I'm so proud of that boy ..... and his parents.

Elen Telford said...

That's awesome!!

I once had a rock show of my own. It was in my bedroom that I shared with my sister. I charged everyone to come and see my colection. I did however get in trouble when I wouldn't let my sister into her own room without paying. Oops!

It sounds like Cam has a good setup for his class. We are looking forward to seeing you guys. Thomas and I will have to make sure we have a dollar each, so we can learn about gems. =)